Reports to: Finance Officer (Technical) & Admin Officer (Administrative)
Duty Station: PBC Eastgate, Nairobi
Provide accounting and financial management expertise and support to the Church ministries and departments.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise and oversight to the ministries in preparation, co-ordination and control of budget.
- Provide support and guidance in counting tithes and offerings and ensuring banking of the same, working closely with relevant committees/teams.
- Ensure accurate posting of all financial data to the ledger on a day to day basis.
- Prepare support documentation for payments by confirming their accuracy and ensure that all payments are done on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all statutory and non-statutory payroll deductions are made properly, promptly and are remitted to the respective recipients.
- Prepare information for external audits.
- Maintain accounting controls through effective policies and procedures.
- Maintain a proper accounting system and ensure safe custody of accountable documents.
- Prepare monthly management reports.
- Act as Bank Agent and ensure secure banking of church funds.
- Manage petty cash, mitigate against risk of loss of cash and facilitate smooth monetary operations of church functions.
- Provide administrative support to the accounts office including filing.
This list is not exhaustive and may change subject to the dynamic needs of the Church.
- Must have a personal relationship with Christ and be a regular and active member of a recognized Church congregation of like faith as PBC.
- Management and Financial reporting skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) programs, QuickBooks and major accounting software systems (ERP).
- Analytical ability and attention to detail
- A person of utmost high integrity and confidentiality.
- CPA II (Section IV) or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning.
At least 3 years of relevant experience in the field of Accounting & Finance.
Work will be performed in a normal office environment and occasionally working beyond normal working hours to meet deadlines and participate in Church meetings. Interaction is with staff members, members of governance boards, volunteers, church members and congregants, clients and vendors of PBC and key publics. Sunday is a normal working day.
If you feel adequately suited for this role and can greatly contribute to the PBC vision, apply through firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach your cover letter and detailed CV as one document. Please do not attach your academic certifications. Provide three referees, one being your pastoral reference. Indicate your expected salary.
The email subject line should indicate the position you are applying for. Receipt of applications closes at 5:00pm on Monday, 23rd September 2019. Only email applications shall be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.